Students of the Culverhouse Real Estate Program have a unique opportunity to be eligible to take the Alabama Real Estate Salesperson License exam after completing two real estate courses! Two real estate courses count for the required 60 hour prelicense course.
Students must take and earn a letter grade of C or better in Priciples of Real Estate (Fi 331 or Fi 534) AND one of the following courses:
|FI 334 Real Estate Property Management||FI 497 Real Estate Development|
|FI 432 Real Estate Appraisal||FI 535 Real Estate Investment (graduate)|
|FI 436 Real Estate Finance||LGS 407 Real Estate & Personal Property Law|
Students have only 12 months from the date of your last real estate course to take the state exam. If you let this time period lapse, you will have to retake a 60 hour prelicense course in order to sit for the Alabama real estate salesperson exam.
Other requirements for the Alabama Real Estate Salesperson exam include:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or legally present in the U.S.;
- Be at least 19 years old;
- Show proof of bona fide residency in any state in the U.S.;
- Show proof of high school graduation or GED;
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Not have had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years
- After meeting the education and/or experience requirements, pass the license examination.
In order to register for the exam, you must first pre-register with the Alabama Real Estate Commission and return 2 signed forms to Cherie Moman at ACRE. Click the button for complete instructions. Forms are available on the "Forms" button.
Send completed forms to Cherie Moman by email email@example.com or bring to the ACRE office at 1818 University Blvd Tuscaloosa, AL 35401